With every couple, engagement or family shoot I get asked the same question: What should we wear? I don't think there are rules that's set in stone, but a few guidelines might help you make better choices.
- The first and most obvious thing I tell my clients are to dress comfortably while still looking neat and beautiful. Consider the location and think practical. With a photo shoot, chances are you will be sitting or lying down. So wearing your very short mini skirt might not be the best option.
- Try to coordinate your colours. Choose a colour palette of about 2 or 3 colours and stick to that. That way everyone will compliment each other without matching exactly. Also keep in mind what you intend to use the photos for. Will it be hanging on a wall in your living room? What is the colour scheme of your living room?
- Choose clothes that suit your body type. Once again this is kind of obvious. But this will make a huge difference to the way you feel. If you feel good & confident, it will show in the photos.
- Do a little extra effort with your hair & makeup. After all, you are investing time and money into this photo shoot. You don't have to go overboard but you don't want to be disappointed afterwards because your hair looked messy.
- Be careful with bright colours and bold patterns or pictures. Depending on the location it might look very busy. But if you see yourself as a bold colourful person who will be able to pull it off, go for it!